What insurance / qualifications do the club / instructors have?
The club is RYA affiliated and sessions are run within RYA guidelines. This means instructors are qualified and any additional assistants / volunteers are under correct guidance and supervision.
Why do I need to join the club?
To run safe sessions with insurance and necessary welfare requirements, the club needs to ensure everyone is a club member. Benefits include:
- Social SUP Group (more info)
- Access to regular session
- Equipment rental & lessons
- Club Insurance
- Your membership money supports the kids club… & the equipment, maintenance & insurance
Can I get a discount if joining part through the season?
Sorry, no. Our season starts in April through to end of next March and costs £20
What should I bring to a session?
- Swimwear to wear under wetsuit (recommend to turn up with this under your normal clothes for easy changing)
- Towel (dry robe or big towel, like this, is ideal to get changed in because we have no changing facilities)
- Water (plenty!) / drink
- Warm clothing
- Suncream, camera, and a smile!
- Medical items if required.
How do I rent kit?
If you are a member and pass our competency check, you can rent equipment outside club sessions for use anywhere (within reason!)
Can I book a private lesson?
We occasionally run ad-hoc adult tuition / lessons, these are priced on request. Get in touch!